About us140
Under 16
Under 14
Under 12


 League honours


Network Norfolk click

 NCFL latest news 
Enjoyable Norfolk Christian football season is declared void
Taking positives from Norfolk Christian football season
Youth leagues team up for Norfolk football Respect campaign
Norfolk Christian League title race is wide open
Exciting time for Norwich church football team
Hundreds to take part as Christian youth league kicks-off
Vineyard win Norfolk Christian league tournament
Norfolk Christian league honours long-serving referee
Youth fives brings Norfolk Christian League season to an end
Final win is last action of Norfolk Christian football season

Surrey Chapel secure first cup final win for 25 years

2012: Surrey Chapel secured a famous league and cup double with a win in the Norfolk Christian Football League’s flagship Bishop’s Cup final on Saturday May 12 against UEA Rovers. Keith Morris reports.

UEA Rovers were aiming to complete a quartet of Bishop’s Cup wins after successes in the previous three seasons, but they were well beaten 2-0 by Surrey Chapel who scored a goal in each half.
Justin Womack opened the scoring for Surrey who made light of playing up the slope at Sprowston Athletic’s ground, in front of a crowd of around 100, to take control of the first half.
After the break, UEA came back into the game creating chances of their own, but Surrey rattled the bar and post and brought a fantastic save from the UEA keeper who kept them in the game.
As the final was drawing to a close, Surrey hit the bar yet again and captain and top scorer Nat Bash was first on hand to knock in the rebound and put Surrey two-up and seal the cup win.
Surrey’s first cup final win for 25 years was especially sweet for manager Dave Brown whose own playing career was ended two years ago by a serious knee ligament injury in a Bishop’s Cup semi-final playing for Surrey Chapel against NCBC.
Dave only took over running the team at the beginning of this season, which has ended in the first NCFL double for 13 years, since 1999, when Mount Zion last achieved the feat.
Dave said: “I am immensely proud of everyone in the team for their effort today and over the whole season. Everyone in the side put in a real performance today.”    

Surrey Chapel had already secured their first league title for 31 years after missing out in the final game of the previous season. Heartsease Churches were league runners-up.   


Heartsease score four to win Wroxham Road Shield 

Earlier in the day, league runners-up Heartsease Churches took on third-placed Norwich Central Baptist Church in the Wroxham Road Shield in front of a crowd of over 100.
In a lively end-to-end game, Tyler Curran put Heartsease ahead when he smashed a goal in from the edge of the box.
Darren Critchlow doubled the advantage with a low header before Ben Revell replied for NCBC with a header of his own, to leave it 2-1 to Heartsease at half-time.
Heartsease began the second half as they had finished the first, probing the NCBC defence. A defensive slip gave Scott Starling space in the box to curl a shot past the keeper and Heartsease were now well in control. A strong run at the centre of the box and a tug back left the referee no choice but to award Heartsease a penalty which Jamie Daynes coolly slotted home.
NCBC pressed towards the end and Chris Morgan popped up for consolation goal to leave Heartsease 4-2 winners.
Summing finals day up, Jim Green, league vice chairman, said: “It was a very enjoyable day with two really well-contested games played in a fine spirit and both a credit to the league. They were well refereed and enjoyed by a good crowd supporting all the teams.”

Pictures by Rob Varley, Jim Green and Keith Morris
Article views: 6091