YMCA Norfolk is looking for volunteers across county
YMCA Norfolk is looking for a range of volunteers for its work with vulnerable or homeless young people in projects in Norwich, North Norfolk and East Norfolk including youth work, gardening, befriending and retail.
YMCA Norfolk warmly welcomes volunteers and we could not achieve what we do without their work and support. We have volunteering roles in various shapes and sizes.
Could you offer time, commitment and enthusiasm to help transform a young person’s life?
The work of YMCA Norfolk is more varied than you might think. Every day we provide a safe home for over 260 vulnerable young people. We provide a range of support to families, work in schools and youth groups across Norfolk. We promote mental health as well as running a café called ‘Stepping Stones’!
And you can get involved!
Volunteers are a valued and vital part of the service carried out by YMCA Norfolk. And we are always looking for people to join the team. Whether you are between jobs and want to add some valuable work experience to your CV. Or perhaps you have some spare time and want to help others. Our volunteering opportunities are rich in variety and cater for all interests and skills.
Whatever your reason for volunteering, your enthusiasm, time and expertise is invaluable to YMCA Norfolk. And together we will work together to transform the lives of young people.
“I really enjoyed myself, volunteering in the Marketing and Fundraising department. It has given me the skills needed to get an opportunity of my own. I am thankful to the YMCA for providing me with a rewarding experience” Nathan
People volunteer for a variety of reasons and volunteering can help you;
Learn new skills
Experience new things
Build confidence and self-esteem
Make new friends and socialise
If you would like more information about volunteering for YMCA Norfolk. Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth Club Volunteers – Acle, Hopton and Catton Grove – we are seeking adult youth club volunteers who can assist our Youth Club Leaders running our weekly youth clubs. Days and times vary. You will assist with activities with the young people, set up activities and help tidy up at the end of the evening.
– Each of our accommodation facilities requires the reception to be manned each day. We require volunteers who would be happy to man the reception desk for a few hours each week. Skills needed include answering the phone, relaying messages to residents, answering queries that may arise, checking visitors on arrival at the accommodation and other administration tasks. Full training is given. It is a great way to get to know our residents whilst doing a helpful task.
– at evening mealtimes at YMCA Central in Norwich between 3.45 – 5.30pm. We are looking for flexible volunteers with previous experience of supporting and empowering people, and who have good engagement skills to be a befriender on a regular basis.
Positive Activity Engagement Volunteer
– we are always looking for volunteers who may like to get involved with our positive activities at our accommodation facilities. These can vary from jobs clubs, creative activities, sports, woodwork or any other skill you can share with our young people. Times vary but availability for a couple of hours each week is sought.
YMCA Shop Volunteers (Holt and Anglia Square)
– We are looking for volunteers who may be able to spare a few hours each week to work in our charity shop in Holt. Skills such as organising the items for sale, operating a till and greeting customers are required.
Engagement Volunteer, Umbrella Housing
– we are seeking volunteers to develop client engagement and group activities in our Umbrella housing team.
Move On Befriender
– we are seeking volunteers who can work with some of our young people as they transition from supported to accommodation to their own accommodation. This may involve helping individuals overcome barriers to moving on in a supportive way.
For more information on any of these roles or to apply to be a YMCA volunteer please contact
Could you provide emergency accommodation for up to 3 nights? Help young people from the age of 16 upwards who find themselves with nowhere to go.
Could you provide a home on a more long term basis to a young person? Support them towards independent living and maintain a tenancy?
In return you’ll receive a weekly payment, training and support.