Lord for the years Your love has kept and guided
urged and inspired us, cheered us on our way,
sought us and saved us , pardoned and provided,
Lord of the years, we bring our thanks today.
Words by Timothy Dudley Smith
We give praise and thanks to God for:
1. The Energy Bank scheme, which provided support to 176 adults and 119 children through emergency gas and electricity payments during the winter.
2. FISH clubs that have met in February and Easter and who have already planned further sessions for May and the Summer
3. All the new volunteers – for their skills, new insights and enthusiasm!
4. That we are currently keeping up with demand - numbers of parcels needed are up, but donations from our supporters have also increased
5. Jo, who has led our Friday distribution centre but is now stepping down. We give thanks for the new team who have taken on the leadership of this centre (Jo, Phil, Jono, Jake and Laura)
6. The new service available in Loddon and Poringland - thanks to churches and volunteers in these areas who will help clients with deliveries and collection of food parcels
7. The collection at Carrow Road and the support and encouragement received from home and away fans - £880 in cash and over 40 crates of food was donated
8. Continued good relationships with neighbouring foodbanks, Trussell Trust, referral agencies and local charities.
Excerpt from Psalm 46
‘God is with us’
God is our shelter and our strength, always ready to help in times of trouble,
So we will not be afraid, even if the world is shaken
and mountains fall into the ocean depths,
even if the seas roar and rage, and the hills are shaken by the violence.
The Lord almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge.
We pray for:
1. Continued donations - food, time, money, goodwill as we aim to meet the needs of all who rely on us
2. Wisdom about what we do to serve and over ideas to expand the services we offer
3. ‘Brexit’ and the potential issues around employment and food prices
4. The Trustees and staff as they lead the charity – for continued wisdom and to seek the Lord’s guidance in all they do
5. The volunteer's celebration meal in June – for a good and encouraging time!
6. The annual ‘Celebrate’ event in June - for churches to positively engage the public with all they are doing
7. Jo, as she's move on from foodbank and for her husband Rick who has recently started a new job
8. The team at Gateway / Alive! as they adjust to the comings and goings of team members
9. Plans for summer FISH sessions – for enough support from volunteers, donations and schools as they invite families who would benefit from the project
For I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in. Matthew 25:35
God of faithfulness, Your generous love supplies us with all that we need. We know that all we have is yours.
We celebrate the work that you have done in Norwich and Norfolk through foodbank by means of the generous support of many people.
Through foodbank we are able to offer food to the hungry, a drink to the thirsty and compassion to the strangers in our city and county.
Accept our offering of worship and service. May your Spirit empower us to be your hands and feet in our community as we continue to serve those in crisis.
We pray that you bless all those who give and receive. Increase the capacity of foodbank; help the food to get to those who need it most