Almighty God, You keep on giving abundance to men in the dew of heaven, and food out of the richness of the soil. We give thanks to Your most gracious majesty for the fruits of the field which we have gathered. We beg of You, in Your mercy, to bless our harvest, which we have received from Your generosity. Preserve it, and keep it from all harm. Grant, too, that all those whose desires You have filled with these good things may be happy in Your protection. May they praise Your mercies forever, and make use of the all things that do not last in such a way that they may not lose those goods that are everlasting, through Christ our Lord. Amen
We give praise and thanks to God for:
1. The FISH clubs that have taken place over this summer; our fifth summer holiday period of FISH! Over 1,000 meals have been served and almost 300 different children attended at least once. We also give thanks for the approximately 40 amazing volunteers, making the running of these clubs possible.
2. Keith (our Warehouse Manager) who has settled into his new role very well. We also give thanks for the volunteers within the warehouse who have supported him as he learns the ropes.
3. The continued excellent support with food and finances from new and existing donors. We thank God for the variety of ways in which people can, and do, support us and for those who have committed to giving regularly and those who give on an ad-hoc basis. All are very welcome and appreciated
4. New volunteers meaning we have full teams in nearly all areas of the charity. We especially think of the growing team at Oak Grove and Gateway Alive distribution centres and for the pressure this takes off the few who are there every single week.
5. The unusual and generous donations we have received recently! This includes £2,000 for food, a number of children's books received directly from the author and 1000+ beef-burgers! We are also very grateful for the Wroxham and Hoveton Lions gift which paid for a new cupboard at our distribution centre in Wroxham
6. New partnerships with local agencies supporting clients and new avenues for clients to receive support, including renewed links with Joy of Food who offer free cooking courses for adults.
For the fruits of His creation, thanks be to God,
For His gifts to every nation, thanks be to God,
For the ploughing, sowing, reaping,
silent growth while we are sleeping;
future needs in earth’s safe keeping
thanks be to God.
We pray for:
1. Lisa who is stepping down from her role leading the Earlham FISH club as she’s recently moved out of the area – we pray for happiness in her new home and community.
2. Good planning and preparation for the coming Harvest and Christmas season in the warehouse and for Keith's first experience of this very busy time!
3. Preparation for 'Energy Bank' helping people with gas and electric and oil payments in the winter months. For the funders to look favourably upon this project and for our partnership with other Norfolk foodbanks this winter to go smoothly for each one involved.
4. Universal Credit - those planning within Job Centre Plus, the councils and other agencies as the first claims start in the middle of October. For those due to claim – may the process go smoothly and without hold ups.
5. Hannah, Keith and the Trustees – give them wisdom to make sound decisions for the smooth running of the charity and for the continued support of the volunteers
For I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in. Matthew 25:35
God of faithfulness, Your generous love supplies us with all that we need. We know that all we have is yours.
We celebrate the work that you have done in Norwich and Norfolk through foodbank by means of the generous support of many people.
Through foodbank we are able to offer food to the hungry, a drink to the thirsty and compassion to the strangers in our city and county.
Accept our offering of worship and service. May your Spirit empower us to be your hands and feet in our community as we continue to serve those in crisis.
We pray that you bless all those who give and receive. Increase the capacity of foodbank; help the food to get to those who need it most