How to get help
What we do
How to help us
Norwich Foodbank is a company incorporated in England and Wales (Co. No. 7051996) with limited liability by guarantee.
Charity number 1143528 - registered for Gift Aid with HMRC - No XT22368
Registered office address:
Henderson Business Centre,
51 Ivy Road, Norwich NR5 8BF
Tel: 01603 251733 E-mail: email@example.com
The name Norwich foodbank is used in all its works.
Patrons Rt Revd Graham James, Bishop of Norwich, Delia Smith CBE and Susan Hill CBE.
Download our Website Data Privacy Statement
Foodbank prayer latest news
September 2017 Prayer News from Norwich Foodbank
Christ our Lord, You give us our lives: all that we are, our bodies and our minds. You inspire us to
learn more about the world around us, about you, about ourselves and about one another.
May we who enjoy the freedoms that You give us, rejoice in our discoveries and work tirelessly for
education for all.
May those who take risks and make sacrifices for their own education or the education of others
inspire us always in our pursuit of learning and the life of faith.
May we learn from one another, gain the knowledge to build a better world, and realise the potential You give to all.
Amen. (Daniel Hale/CAFOD)
We give praise and thanks to God for:
1. The 81 visitors who came to our two half open days in July and August! We thank God for the positive feedback and encouragement received and for the interest sparked in our work
2. FISH clubs who have met during the May and summer holidays – for the 310+ children who attended in the summer, their parents and for the volunteers who meant 6 clubs could run,
offering a free hot meal, dessert and activities
3. The generosity of shoppers at Tesco during the July collection and for the conversations that happen between volunteers and customers about all that we do
4. New and renewed relationships with businesses and supermarkets – (including Smithfield Foods, Aviva, Co-op bank, Tesco and Morrisons) – who support us in many ways including
fundraising for us and providing volunteers
5. Zahra – our bookkeeping volunteer – who has recently left following the start of a new full time job. We wish her all the best in her new role and thank God for the year she was with
us and all that she helped us accomplish
6. Chris, Caroline, Rob, Judith, Kathleen, Gill and Roz who are our ‘Money Life’ volunteers. We thank God that through this project, a number of foodbank clients have received further
help and support. We continue to pray for wisdom and good, helpful conversations
7. Continued generosity of our donors – food, toiletries, time and money – and their desire to support in the most practical and helpful manner, whatever that might be!
8. Pat, who was off work for a period over the summer but has returned fighting fit and ready to lead us into the busy Harvest and Christmas periods!
‘The LORD is a stronghold for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. And those who know Your name put their trust in You; for You, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek You.’
We pray for:
1. Hannah, Pat, the warehouse and office teams as they prepare for the Harvest and Christmas seasons. We pray for wisdom in our planning, continued good relationships
within the charity and with external partners and supporters
2. Discussions about ‘fuel poverty’ and provision within Norwich – for the opportunity to explore supporting foodbank clients over the winter period
3. The government, as they return after the summer break. Following the almost daily news over the summer about ‘holiday hunger’, we pray for increased awareness and action
around these issues and those affecting low income or struggling individuals and families
4. The upcoming regional conference for Trussell Trust foodbanks. We pray for good networking between managers, volunteers and Trustees and for those involved in
organising and presenting to be blessed through this day also
5. All those who return to education – teachers and pupils – after the summer. For a renewed excitement around what they will teach and learn and peace for those moving into new
schools, classes, jobs, apprenticeships and courses
6. Votes for ‘charity of the year’ for ourselves, the Trussell Trust and other foodbanks across the country, as well as funding applications as these relationships can make such a
difference to small and national charities
For I was hungry and you gave me food; I was thirsty and you gave me drink; I was a stranger and you took me in. Matthew 25:35
God of faithfulness, Your generous love supplies us with all that we need. We know that all we have is yours.
We celebrate the work that you have done in Norwich and Norfolk through foodbank by means of the generous support of many people.
Through foodbank we are able to offer food to the hungry, a drink to the thirsty and compassion to the strangers in our city and county.
Accept our offering of worship and service. May your Spirit empower us to be your hands and feet in our community as we continue to serve those in crisis.
We pray that you bless all those who give and receive. Increase the capacity of foodbank; help the food to get to those who need it most
9,721 food parcels given to local people in the last 12 months
including 3,094 children,
up to 31st March 2018
| || || |